And the award goes to…. US!
and we are so proud, yes we are. Miro and I received the super sought out, highly desirable Meemtastic Award! And we couldn’t be happier.
Our friend and fellow family traveler Emiel van den Boomen of the blog The Act of Traveling nominated us for this fabulous award, and we couldn’t be…..ehem…. more honored! He actually wrote a lovely description of why he nominated us:
Lainie, 44 years, travels the world with her 11 year old son Miro. She gave up her life back in the States (job, house, everything) to live life as it should be. No more complexity, but a simple life. Slowly traveling the world and climb a volcano, live in the jungle, plant a garden. Lainie and Miro are Unschooling, they live and learn what they need to know and when they are ready for it. They are currently in Medellin, Colombia and hope to be able to travel for another 6,5 years. Today they only have 200 US dollars left, but they don’t worry about that. Read about their amazing life on their blog or in a recent interview.
Thank you Emiel!!!
Just what is this fabulous honor? Well… Quoted from the Memetastic Award founder’s site:
The Memetastic Award! Named as such because these things are memes and its purpose is solely to celebrate the memeness of the award giving process. Let’s rejoice in our memeocity by passing this award on to other people! It will be memelicious! Okay, mostly I just want to see what happens, and how far this thing goes. Wouldn’t it just be so cool if an actual meme was created from this? Not very likely, but a girl can dream, right? At this point I’m just hoping it makes it past my own blog.
Here are the rules:
1. You must proudly display the absolutely disgusting graphic that I have created for these purposes (put it in your post, you don’t have to put it in your sidebar, I think that would seriously be asking too much). It’s so bad that not only did I use COMIC SANS, but there’s even a little fucking jumping, celebrating kitten down there at the bottom. It’s horrifying! But its presence in your award celebration is crucial to the memetastic process we’re creating here. If you need a higher resolution version… I totally have one!!
2. You must list 5 things about yourself, and 4 of them must be bold-faced lies. Just make some shit up, we’ll never know; one of them has to be true, though. Of course, nobody will ever know the difference, so we’re just on the honor system here. I trust you. Except for the 4 that you lied about, you lying bastards! But don’t go crazy trying to think of stuff, you’ll see by the example I’ve set below that we’re not really interested in quality here.
3. You must pass this award on to 5 bloggers that you either like or don’t like or don’t really have much of an opinion about. I don’t care who you pick, and nobody needs to know why. I mean, you can give a reason if you want, but I don’t really care.
4. If you fail to follow any of the above rules, I will fucking hunt your ass down and harass you incessantly until you either block me on Twitter or ban my IP address from visiting your blog. I don’t know if you can actually do that last thing, but I will become so annoying to you that you will actually go out and hire an IT professional to train you on how to ban IP addresses just so that I’ll leave you alone. I’m serious. I’m going to do these things. Starting with the 5 of you I’m about to pass this award on to.
**NEW** 5. This one isn’t actually a rule, but once you do the above, please come back here and link up to the Memetastic Hop so that I can keep track of where this thing goes.
Okay, here I go!!! Are you ready? I’m excited.
So that’s them there rules. The above ‘potty mouth’ quotes are from the award’s founder, and I’m following her rules because, well… I don’t know this woman and she scares me.
So here it goes:
5 Things About Myself, 1 of Which is Actually True:
can you guess which one?
1. I was a well liked soccer mom. When it was my turn to bring snacks for the team, I brought juice boxes & watermelon for the kids and bloody mary’s for the parents.
2. I was in labor for 39 hours giving birth to Miro.
3. Miro’s first word was a choice ‘4 letter word’.
4. I have been married 7 times.
5. Miro & I are actually international jewel thieves.
And now I will pass this award on to the following 5 lucky recipients in perfect zombie-like fashion:
I will not provide a reason, just wanted to share the love with you lucky 5 winners! And my picks are:
Tuan Vu Tran – Graphic Designer & Illustration
Heathervescent Futurist | Technologist | Cacophonist!
Lash of Lash World Tour
Talon Windwalker of 1 Dad, 1 Kid, 1 Crazy Adventure
Katrina of Tour Absurd