You know what they say, “it takes a village…” and we’d love to share that experience with you! There are many ways we can build community together.
“What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously. But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured.”
― Kurt Vonnegut,
For both Miro and I, community has been a significant aspect to our travels. From creating community on the road, sharing our world schooling experiences with others, and even building our temporary learning communities in the form of Project World School we continue to seek and express community. We could not have continued with our travel lifestyle without feeling this sense of community.
Because of community, never once have we felt out in the world alone.
Because of community, we’ve established a strong support system.
Because of community, Miro and I continuously feel safe in the world.
Miro and I have experienced the benefits of community throughout our travels and into a journey of deep learning. We value all that community has afforded us and we’ve dedicated our travels to creating greater community to help support others.
Here are some of the things we do to help create a greater sense of community:
- Participate in the World Schoolers community on facebook
- Attend the Project World School Family Summit
- Share your story- be interviewed on an episode of For the Love of Learning -Voices of the Alternative Education Movement
- Share your family travel story in our Families on the Move interview series
- Attend one of our teen / young adults retreats at Project World School