23 little things
Written by Miro Siegel
My Mom made me write this list. But it’s all true. (Sort of). But the cool thing is, traveling has taught me a lot. I’m a lucky kid. So what have I learned? The top 23 things below:
1. I have learned a ton of Geography.
2. I have learned to speak Spanish.
3. Grubby bathrooms at the bus terminals have taught me to always bring toilet paper to the bathroom in public places.
4. Travelling has taught me to bargain.
6. I’ve learned to accept an adventure when it comes along.
7. I’ve learned not to pass judgement.
8. I’ve learned to go with the flow.
9. I’ve learned to respect my mother and spend time with her when needed.
10. I have realized my own writing style and honed it.
11. I have learned to go with my gut feeling.
12. I’ve learned that there’s nothing better than staying in pajamas all day.
13. I’ve taught myself to build lasagna.
14. I’ve taught myself to avoid drunken inn keepers.
15. Travelling has taught me to entertain myself.
16. I’ve learned to avoid Cryptids like the plague.
17. I’ve learned to water my plants daily.
18. I’ve learned to consume less.
19. I now have a built in Gringo-Radar.
20. I’ve learned to pack well.
21. I’ve learned to be prepared for the Zombie Apocalypse.
22. I’ve learned it possible to blow up a mosquito.
23. Most importantly: Llamas are cool.